Campus Wireless Network Instructions
The NYCU Information Technology Center provides 3 wireless services.
- Service for Staff and students of NYCU.
- Authentication method: 802.1X (PEAP-MSCHAP v2)
How to use
- Set the computer to obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP)
- Account and password: Using the one that you login to the portal (https://portal.nycu.edu.tw/).
- Instructions for each system connection
- The school sponsor/co-organizer should fill in the information service application form of the Information Technology Service Center and attach the relevant activity agenda documents to the Information Technology Service Center 3 days before the event.
- Only provide web browsing services in the school domain and non-P2P service outside the school domain.
- Click the create a new guest account on the authentication webpage to enter the application form. After filling in the that, the account/password will be sent to the applicant’s mobile phone via text message.
- If you cannot receive the text message for a long time after you submitted the application. Please confirm with the carrier whether do you reject the “corporate text message” and the ” value-added text message”.
- Only provide web browsing service.
Reset wireless network
- In order to confirm your account and the password is correct, please make sure to log in to the portal (https://portal.nycu.edu.tw/) first.
- In addition, if your computer or device has old wireless network settings, please clear the old settings.